As the Samuel Tak Lee MIT Real Estate Entrepreneurship Lab wraps up its second year, we wanted to take a moment to share with you some highlights from our 2015 and 2016 programming.
In its first two years, the STL Lab
- Granted $2.6 million to support MIT research through our Faculty Seed Fund,
- Began production on six MIT Case Studies,
- Disbursed $1.4 million to support STL graduate fellows,
- Established a collaboration with the Development Research Center of the State Council in China,
- Engaged in the production of Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs), and
- Produced LivableCity, a socially responsible real estate entrepreneurship game.
We invited more than a dozen academics and professionals from the fields of architecture, planning, and real estate to speak at MIT as part of our China Talk Series, and we co-hosted the first STL-Tsinghua University National Real Estate Entrepreneurship Competition, in which 13 Chinese universities participated. We also launched our STL-MISTI China Summer Workshops, held at six universities across China.
We will remain just as busy in 2017, and we thank you for your support as our lab continues its mission to create a new generation of socially responsible entrepreneurs and academics in the fields of architecture, planning, and real estate.